Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July 15 Craft Show Report

Now that I've had a day of rest, it's time to give you a report on my July 15 craft show.  This is a photo of part of our booth.  I know I need to make some adjustments on how to display everything - we're still learning how to do this.  Having these pics helps me to see it from the attendees' view, then I can see what I could improve upon.

 These bookmarks/memo holders are made with large plastic-coated paper clips and covered buttons glued on the front.  I have been using one daily for over a week, and it's holding up really well.  I've carried it with me on shopping trips to hold my shopping lists and to keep all my lists together in my notebook.

The layered flower display took over the middle of the display table.  All of these, except the ones for headbands, have a pin back attached to the back for use as a brooch, on a tote bag or purse, or can be pinned onto an adult headband.

I thought this layered flower turned out really pretty with the two shades of yellow, accented by the hot pink covered button to pick up the touch of hot pink in the flower petal.  The button cover is stitched on yellow/white gingham, which is duplicated in two layers of the flower.  It's rather subtle, but striking, I think!

This display shows the button cover choices that we offered.  The purchaser of a retractable badge reel (for name tags, security clearance cards, scissors) could choose the covers they wanted to interchange on their badge reel and then could watch while I actually put everything together using my button-making machine.  The button covers can also be made into pin back buttons to be worn separately.

Stay tuned for more pics of our booth, probably tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment