Wednesday, July 18, 2012

More Craft Show Pictures

This picture of our craft show booth may be a little hard to figure out with the open drapes behind it and the bright sunshine outside.  I guess I could have asked if the drapes could be closed, but didn't even think about that!  I know I need to make some improvements and adjustments to this set-up.  I'll figure out what to do before the next show, I promise!

This shows the work area, behind the covered button display board, where customers could watch me actually put together their covered buttons as they chose what they wanted.

I took the rest of my ribbon purses to the craft show.  The label shown in my heading above is like what I've made for all of my purses.  Each of these purses is one of a kind, making them very unique.  They're made out of grosgrain ribbon sewn onto a fabric base, with a hook and loop tape pocket on the inside and are fully lined.  The one I've been using almost every day for the past four years is holding up so well, you'd never know it's that old!




 I love the way the color combination came together on this sticky note pad holder.  The pen has matching paper rolled up and inserted inside the barrel.  I used a scroll embroidery design on baby blue fabric for the covered button.  The purple thread matched the purple sticky note pad perfectly!



Of course, I had to have a University of Kentucky button on the blue sticky note pad holder!



This is one of the first covered buttons I made - the one in an earlier post on which I added fusible crystals on top of the stitching.  The black layers are made of organza, which added to the "glitzy" look of the brooch, I think!










This layered flower brooch came together nicely.  I love the way the two shades of yellow compliment each other with layers of pale yellow and yellow and white gingham.  The yellow rayon embroidery thread really picks up the darker yellow in the gingham, don't you think?
Add caption      





Again, to this layered flower, I added some layers of black organza and layers of white bridal tulle.  The black rayon embroidery thread really gives the black and white theme a punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment