So, I cut a length of the yardage to drape all the way to the floor and to be long enough to slide under the work top, which can anchor it into place. The width of the denim was just a little too wide, so I serged it off to match the width of the chests. To turn the drape into a sewing studio organizer, I used some pockets and belt loops from old jeans and one pocket from a denim shirt, and used a jeans leg to make some ruler holders.
In this photo, you can see how I sewed some fun fur onto the belt loops for the rotary cutters. I sewed some decorative sewing-themed buttons onto two of the pockets. The shirt pocket had a pencil section already stitched into it, so I utilized it for a marker.
The longer loops on the left are spaced far enough apart for my quilting rulers. The loops on the right accommodate my straight rotary rulers. Again, I decorated them with some fancy yarn from my resource center. Just before I snapped this picture, I decided to pin on another belt loop near the top for my tape measure. It worked! The tape falls just above the floor - how handy! (I did sew the loop on later.)
This organizer is very useful. I have my rulers at my fingertips and can locate my rotary cutters easier, as long as I put them back where they belong! It's not only useful, it looks good when I walk into the studio, which makes me smile.