Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tailored Boys Serger Bib

This project has been a real challenge, that is, as far as the binding goes!  The bib has gone together really well up to the binding.  The instructions say to use the binder attachment to attach the binding in one step.  Apparently, it means a double-fold binder.  Since I only have a single-fold binder attachment, I have decided to change direction: to use my 3/4" bias binding pressing tool to make a separate binding, instead of using the attachment on my serger.  Then, attach the binding using the cover stitch.  After realizing the single-fold binding will be left with a raw edge that will have to be trimmed off, I didn't think that would be a finished-looking edge.  When I finish the bib with the newly made double-fold binding, I'll post a photo of it here.  This class is scheduled for January 4, at Austin's Sewing Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment