Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Serger Shadow Work Pillow Finished!

My Serger Shadow work pillow is finished and now on display at Austin's Sewing Center!  What a fun project it was to make!  I loved stitching the dark pink cover stitching on the reverse side of the pillow top, then turning it over to see how it shadows through the white batiste fabric.  The piping went in easily with the piping foot attachment, and the ruffle went on just as easily using the same foot.  I even set in the zipper with the serger.  The only sewing machine work on this is to stitch together the ends of the ruffle.  Since I cut it so the ends were on the selvedge edge, I had no raw edges to finish.  How easy is that?  This class is scheduled for January 25.  I'll add some close up photos of the pillow in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment