Friday, May 18, 2018

Announcing "Your Sewing Teacher!"

After much thought, prayer and discussion with my husband, I am embarking on a new sewing teaching venture, called Your Sewing Teacher!  The Red Barn School of Sewing was closed last year and I've been sad that I don't have a venue in which to share my passion of sewing with as many people as possible.

As of April 10-11, 2018, I taught two all-day classes at the "It's Sew Fine" Sewing Expo (now in its 13th year) at General Butler State Resort Park in Carrollton, KY.  I was able to get lots of great feedback from my students and other attendees about starting a new teaching business.  Many said they were glad to hear about the venture and want to take classes from me when they are scheduled.  I really appreciate the vote of confidence!  Thank you, all!

I am in the process of setting up a new website, www.yoursewingteacher.com and hopefully it will be published in the near future.  I will add a post here when that happens.  In the meantime, I am getting a newsletter started, through which I plan to share lots of great sewing information, tips, and other bits of sewing knowledge gleaned from my varied background, prolific reading, watching sewing shows on public television and my extensive sewing video collection.

Please leave a comment, if you'd like, to encourage me, give me some feedback on what you'd like to read about or learn about, or to share your own sewing tips with my readers.  I welcome your comments.

Thank you for taking time to read my blog posts and I hope to be your sewing teacher!

1 comment:

  1. Sandy,

    So glad you've got your MOJO back, happy and excited for you. You are so talented and such an easy and thorough teacher. I wish you lots of success in your new endeavor. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete