Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Week 1 of Palmer/Pletsch Beginning Sewing Complete!

We've finished week 1!  The first of 4 weeks in the series I'm teaching of Palmer/Pletsch Beginning Sewing classes at our local Babylock dealer is now complete.  I have 3 students who want to learn basic sewing techniques so they may sew & repair garments and shorten hems.  Oh, there's so much to learn in a beginning class and the students are hanging in there with me. 

The project is a chef's/artist's apron in which they will learn about reading a pattern, preparing the pattern tissue, cutting out fabric, marking, stay-stitching curves, sewing on facings, clean finishing edges, sewing machine stitched hems, top-stitching, sewing on patch pockets and many sewing tips that I've learned over the years. 

The curriculum includes Level 2 and Level 3, both of which the students may take later.  They'll make a wrap robe in Level 2 and a 2-pc PJ project in Level 3.  By the time they finish the 3-level series, they'll be very well-equipped to sew just about anything they want.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how far the students will go with their new sewing skills!  The photo shows one of the aprons that I'm using as my class sample.  I love the teapot fabric, since I am a teapot collector!


No comments:

Post a Comment