Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Flower Power Class was Great!


The Flower Power class was held on Friday, March 16, at Austin's Sewing Center with nine students.  This was a fun class.  What a great, fun time we had.

Some had already learned how to make the Kanzashi flower, so I got them started on the next project, while the rest of the class learned Kanzashi.  I surprised myself when I realized I was teaching two completely different techniques to two parts of the class at the same time!  Wow!  I did it!  (To quote my grandson.)

To see the photos of the Kanzashi flowers, and some of the other fabric flowers, go to the previous post about this class.

 These two felt flowers are not in the previous post, so I added them here.  These are copied from a felt flower on a stem that I've had for years.  I don't remember where it came from, nor how long I've had it.  I decided to add embellishments of some fun fur yarn on both flowers, and an addition of some organza squares behind the yarn on the pink flower.


These are very easy to make and with the addition of green leaves and a sewn-on pinback, they make a lovely brooch - don't you think?




The ribbon rosette looks so pretty as a clump of three rosettes, as does a single rosette attached to the center of a ribbon bow.











This is a cluster of yo-yo flowers to show how versatile they can be.











The students were having a great time visiting with each other, catching up on happenings since their last get-together.





I have a second class called Flower Power II scheduled for June at Austin's Sewing Center.  I'll teach how to make a Sweetheart Rose with a template from Clover, and I'll review the pleated ribbon flower project that I offered as a bonus, but didn't have time to go over fully.  Both are shown below.  There will also be several new flower designs taught at this class.














 After the first of April, check www.Austinssewingcenter.com website for the exact date and more details for this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment