Monday, April 25, 2011

"Get to Know the Teachers" at Austin's Sewing Center

Wow!  What a great time we had on Saturday at Austin's for the last of a three day grand opening at their new store location!  The store was hopping with lots of visitors coming in to see the new location and to participate in several "Make-it, Take-it" projects where some of the teachers helped customers make a quick project to take home with them. 

I was one of two teachers who had a display set up of projects that we teach at the store.  There were lots of questions about my items on display, as well as plenty of interest.  I wish all of you could have come by to see my items in person!

This side of my display had heirloom projects: baby bonnets and booties, a pillowcase, a camisole, and my shadow work cover stitch pillow.  I also had one of my thread painted brooches and my ribbon flower on display on this side.  The jacket I'm wearing is the "Stash Jacket" pattern.  It's made of all cotton fabrics, with some gold metallic rick-rack trim on the sleeves.  I used purples and royal blues, along with the ivory so I could wear it with several things.

The quilt underneath the display board is a 6-hour quilt (stitch & flip method) made on the serger.  It's a very easy quilt to put together.  It has to be if I made it, since I'm NOT a quilter - yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment