Friday, January 14, 2011

Heirloom Communion Dresses

Today, my husband and I went to two of our local malls to check out prices of items I'm thinking about making and selling on Etsy and/or Ebay.  When we walked into an upscale department store, we saw a display of beautiful, white, frilly, gorgeous communion dresses, complete with veils, gloves and other accessories. 

I had so much fun examining the inner workings of the dresses, how the linings were put in, how the crinolines were attached, how the embellishments were applied, touching and feeling the scrumptious fabrics, and seeing what kind of prices were on them.  The saleslady asked me two different times if she could help me!

It must be the time of year when first communion ceremonies are being scheduled.  If there is anyone out there who is making custom childrens garments, this might be an opportunity you'd want to consider pursuing!  Hmmm...maybe I should consider it, myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment