Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Heirloom Baby Boys Cap

The heirloom baby boys cap project is a class I am scheduled to teach at Austin's Sewing Center on January 18.  The blue stitching on both sides of the embroidered insertion is done with a cover stitch setting on my Babylock Evolve 8-thread serger.  I used 12 weight cotton thread.  The stitching on the brim is a chain stitch with the same thread.  The cap is lined, which shows through the blue cover stitching.

Tomorrow, I'll add a photo of my Shadow Work Pillow project.  Come back to see how pretty it turned out.




2 comments:

  1. Love your bonnet. It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Diana! I had a lot of fun making the bonnet, especially learning how to use my wonderful serger for techniques I'd never done before!

    ReplyDelete